- Increase Deputy patrols in all townships.
- Foster strong communication and transparency with the community.
- Operate a safe, efficient, fiscally responsible Sheriff Office Road Patrol and Midland County Jail.
- Ensure school building security and student safety.
Proven Leadership & Experience
Starting as a Midland City Police Department patrolman in 1993, Rodney Roten worked his way through the ranks and retired in December 2018 from the Midland Police Department as the Deputy Chief of Police.
- Patrolman 1993-2005
- SWAT Team member 1996-2012
- SWAT Team Leader 2006-2012
- Patrol Sergeant 2005-2010
- Patrol Lieutenant 2010-2012
- Deputy Chief of Plice 2012-2018
Down Memory Lane
Some captured memories of local events
Supporting a Community of Inclusion
Rodney Roten has always been an advocate for inclusion and supported people in need or who are underserved, regardless of ability, disability, education, and social status.
- Special Olympics
- Executive Committee member, Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics
- Law Enforcement Torch Run Travel Team, Team Captain, 2011 to present
- Legacy Center – Board of Directors 2014 to present
- Shelterhouse – Board of Directors, 2016 to present
- Habitat for Humanity
- Shop with a Hero